SwimTutor is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. Our team is committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals.
We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry.
Karl McEntegart is the founder of SwimTutor. He worked as a lifeguard with DCU Sport from August 2005 until August 2007 and as a fitness instructor/pool lifeguard from September 2007 until September 2010. He is also currently a tutor for the National Training Centre, the leading education body in the health and fitness industry in Ireland.
Karl has been involved in swimming for over 15 years. He started to swim in St. Paul’s swimming pool in Raheny where he completed swimming badges from 50m to 1500m.
Karl joined Dublin Lifesaving and Lifeguard Club to further develop his aquatic skills. He has been an instructor with this club since 2008 teaching both theoretical and practical elements of lifesaving to children of various ages.
Knowing how important it is for one to be able to swim, Karl decided to complete the necessary exams to become a fully qualified swimming instructor. For the last four years he has been able to give back to the sport that has given him so much by teaching children and adults how to swim, helping individuals improve their technique and assist clients train for triathlons.
Karl holds an array of qualifications in the fitness and leisure industry:
- ASA Swimming Teacher Qualification
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
- National Qualification in Neuromuscular and Physical Therapy (NMT)
- National Qualification in Sports Massage
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- National Qualification in Exercise, Health Studies and Personal Training (NCEHS)
- National Qualification in Spin Cycling
- National Qualification in Step Aerobics
- Certificate of Merit – Awarded by The Royal Life Saving Society UK in recognition of valuable services rendered to the Society
- Occupational First Aid
- ASA Assistant Swimming Teacher with Disabilities Qualification
- Assistant Lifesaving Teacher Qualification
- National Beach Lifeguard Qualification (NBLQ)
- NUI Maynooth Certificate in Training and Continuing Education